American white oak is more variable in colour, ranging from pale yellow-brown to pale reddish-brown, often with a pinkish tint. The multi-seriate rays are generally higher than those of the red oaks producing a more prominent and attractive silver grain figure on quarter-sawn surfaces. The grain is generally straight, and the texture varies from coarse to medium coarse.
American red oak varies in colour from pink to pale reddish-brown, there is usually a reddish cast to the wood although sometimes it approaches white oak in colour. The large rays do not produce such an attractive figure as they do in white oak, and generally speaking, the wood is coarser in texture. The quality of red oak depends greatly on growth conditions, northern red oak.
- Idea for light to medium traffic use.
- Can be used as a temporary roadway on construction sites.
- Each mat has 1 lifting points per side (2 in total per mat)
- Mats are being made with 5 to 7 beams per mat.
- Marwood Lorry can transport approximately 20 oak mats.
|Description||Oak, American white||Oak, American red|
|Botanic name||Quercus virginiana L||Quercus rubra Du Roy|
|Approx weight per mat||500kg||500kg|